Although oral full-spectrum cannabidiol (CBD) can work wonders for your mind, body, and soul, products with a funky flavor don’t score so high when it comes to taste.
What is Full-Spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD is an extract that contains not only CBD but all other cannabinoids, terpenes, and other substances in plant matter. It is minimally processed and differs from CBD isolates, which contain only CBD.
What Does Full-Spectrum CBD Oil Taste Like?
Because full-spectrum CBD contains other cannabinoids, terpenes, and even chlorophyll, it has a much stronger taste than CBD isolates. It is often described as bitter, earthy, or musty, which is not very attractive to many consumers.
But there are ways you can try to avoid the taste, such as with flavored products, or using different methods, such as:
- Tinctures or Capsules: Full-spectrum tinctures use alcohol or other oils as carrier liquids for full-spectrum extracts. Depending on the product, the taste of the full-spectrum CBD could be partially or completely masked with added flavors. If you go with capsules, it’s just like taking a pill; you can swallow them without dealing with the taste.
- Sprays: This method is great option for full-spectrum CBD as well. Sprays deliver droplets of CBD directly into your mouth, while avoiding the full body feel. You can find them in many different flavors like mint or chocolate.
- Edibles: Full-spectrum CBD also comes in gummy bears, hard candy, chocolate, and even lollipops. Many are sweetened to cover the taste but you can also find sugar-free products.
How to Mask Taste
If you prefer to consume your CBD in its raw form and avoid the flavored candies, then fear not–there are a few other tricks you can try:
- Some people brush their teeth before consuming the oil. Sodium lauryl sulfate, a common ingredients in most types of toothpaste, can help hide the taste of the full-spectrum CBD due to its effects on our taste buds.
- You can also try simple nose-plugging. Without the sense of smell, the unpleasant taste of the CBD oil will be significantly reduced.
- Finally, you can chew a mint or some gum while taking your CBD. If you do choose this option, make sure to keep the CBD oil under your tongue (sublingual administration) long enough (for at least 30 seconds) to reap the full benefits instead of swallowing it immediately.
No matter how you take your full-spectrum CBD, rest assured that you are gaining the most you can out of those phytochemicals to maximize their synergistic benefits.
The post The Palatability of Oral, Full-Spectrum CBD Products appeared first on CBD Health and Wellness.